Published: Thu, March 26, 2020
Sport | By Kayla Schwartz

Messi, Guardiola donate 1mn euros each to virus battle

Messi, Guardiola donate 1mn euros each to virus battle

Part of the amount donated Messi will go to the hospital CLÍNIC in Barcelona and the other in various hospitals in Argentina, his native country. "Thank you very much, Leo, for your commitment and your support".

Messi has been picked by FIFA along with 28 past and present football icons to spread an awareness campaign to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

La Liga has also been suspended indefinitely, officials said on Monday that it would not resume until the government confirms that it is safe.

The 38-year-old says "no one cares about coronavirus" in his homeland: "Because of Coronavirus they have canceled the Champions League and Europa League". "They wanted to improve the living conditions of their compatriots". Let us be strong in this fight.

In Porto, the Santo Antonio hospital will have one ward equipped with 15 intensive care beds, ventilators and monitors, reported Reuters.

COVID-19 has caused havoc across the globe and subsequently brought the sporting world to a standstill, with more than 418,000 confirmed cases.

New Zealand mosque shooter pleads guilty in surprise move
The trial, which was scheduled for June, has now been canceled, and a sentencing date has yet to be confirmed. The plea came with New Zealand in its first day of a four-week COVID-19 lockdown.


Soccer legends Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly have donated a combined $2.16 million to help their cities fight coronavirus.

The former FC Barcelona boss gave the money to the Medical College of Barcelona to buy "medical equipment that is now lacking in health centres in Catalonia".

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski also donated € 1 million last week to help tackle the epidemic in Germany.

"Pep Guardiola has made a donation of one million euros to the Fundacio Angel Soler Daniel for the acquisition and supply of health equipment to deal with the Covid-19 [coronavirus] pandemic", the Foundation announced in a statement, according to Sky Sports.

Belarusian Hleb tried to make light of the situation as he flagged his home country as a possible destination for Barcelona's Messi and Juventus superstar Ronaldo.

Like this: