Published: Tue, March 24, 2020
Global News | By Blake Casey

Schools to Be Closed Longer and Non-Essential Businesses to Close in Ontario

Schools to Be Closed Longer and Non-Essential Businesses to Close in Ontario

Premier Doug Ford let the news slip during a press conference on further measures to shut down non-essential workplaces. The order is issued under the province's state of emergency powers and could be extended if necessary.

Nunavut also banned non-residents and non-critical workers from entering the territory, beginning Tuesday at 11:59 p.m., and even then, they'll only be allowed home after a 14-day isolation in the south, and when they are symptom-free.

The source said the government felt the move to lower rates was necessary due to the dramatic shift families and businesses are undergoing as a result of the pandemic, with costs expected to rise.

Teleworking and online commerce are permitted at all times for all businesses. "This easy-to-use tool, developed with guidance from Dr. Williams, Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health, is a great first step in that process".

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced on Monday that all non-essential businesses are being ordered to close and would detail what falls under this category and what will remain open on Tuesday.

ZTE Axon 11 5G goes official with Snapdragon 765G
Instead, Asus chose to add a mid-power Snapdragon 765 processor, which is coupled with at least 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. There is no rear-mounted fingerprint scanner found on the ZTE Axon 11 5G, as the same is embedded underneath the display.


"This was a tough decision, but the right decision, as this is no time for half measures", said Ford.

In their media release, they explain that "essential services may continue their operations to maintain supply chains and ensure the people of Ontario have access to necessities, including groceries, medicines and other essential products". The government will also release a 1-800 number on Wednesday for any inquiries. "Nothing is more important". "This is what we all need to be doing, and we're going to make sure this happens, whether by educating people more on the risks, or by enforcing the rules, if that's needed".

This announcement came after Ontario health officials confirmed 78 new COVID-19 cases this morning. "We are working directly with businesses and workers across all sectors to support them in any way possible through this crisis".

Last week, Ontario announced a $304 million investment in COVID-19 response, including $20 million for residential facilities in developmental services, gender-based services and protective care for children and youth. He will be joined by Minister of Health Christine Elliott and Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines Greg Rickford and Finance Minister Rod Phillips.

Like this: