Published: Mon, March 23, 2020
Health Care | By Cedric Leonard

Halton public health reporting 2nd coronavirus-related death in Ontario

Halton public health reporting 2nd coronavirus-related death in Ontario

Also on March 22, a man in his 80s died at Ross Memorial Hospital in Lindsay.

In consultation with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, effective immediately, all City of Barrie municipal playground equipment and waterfront fitness equipment will be closed to public access.

Saturday's morning disclosure includes one more patient who has made a full clinical recovery, raising Ontario's total to six.

Earlier on Saturday Ontario health ministry reported 59 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the provincial total to 377. The province reports the area woman (her hometown has not yet been identified) is in her 60s and acquired the virus through travel in Egypt, Israel and London. Over 23,300 people have been tested for COVID-19 across Ontario with upwards of 7,200 cases still under investigation and nearly 16,000 negative cases.

There was no information on age, gender, source of infection or health status for 42 cases.

New Legislation Seeks Federal Take Over of Medical Supply Chain
Cuomo also referred to as on Trump to nationalize the well being care provide via the usage of the Defense Production Act.


Throughout all of Friday, the province disclosed 60 new COVID-19 infections.

"We are expecting them to do so regardless of age and where you have come from", he said.

The City of Barrie continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by increasing precautionary measures to combat the spread of the virus and encourage social distancing. "We just need to do it, and do it well".

Dr. Charles Gardner confirmed today the woman is a resident of New Tecumseth and she was tested at Headwaters Health Care Centre in Orangeville.

The government says doctors and pharmacists will be allowed to use their own discretion if they believe a patient requires more than a 30 days supply.

Like this: