Published: Sun, March 22, 2020
Sport | By Kayla Schwartz

Melvin Gordon Agrees To Two-Year, $16M Deal With Broncos

Melvin Gordon Agrees To Two-Year, $16M Deal With Broncos

On Friday night, the Denver Broncos signed former Chargers running back to a multi-year deal.

In his original report Friday, NFL Media's Ian Rapoport said Gordon had a better offer from another team.

This is unusual in that you rarely see Schefter go out of his way to correct a wrong report unless the news is massive, and the Gordon news isn't quite at that level. Is it possible that Gordon's agent told the Broncos that they were in a bidding war with the Bills, perhaps to boost his client's price?

In 12 games, Gordon averaged 3.8 yards per carry, a far cry from the 5.1 yards per tote that gave him so much leverage in 2018.

Game Developers Conference moves to August 4, which Appears optimistic
The information was set to air during the GDC but since the event was postponed, Sony made a decision to air it online instead. This program enables GDC as an organization to reach areas of the industry previously untapped due to space restrictions.


In 2019, Gordon held out of the first four games in his efforts to secure a long-term contract, which didn't happen, ultimately spelling the end of his time in the Chargers backfield.

It was Ekeler, however, who flourished in the passing game with 92 catches for 993 yards and eight touchdowns, earning himself a four-year $24.5m contract extension earlier this month.

While it's not the contract he was hoping for, Denver had a top-10 run-blocking offensive line last season, led by Phillip Lindsay, per Pro Football Outsiders.

Like this: