Published: Mon, January 13, 2020
Global News | By Blake Casey

United States to expel Saudi military trainees after Florida shooting

United States to expel Saudi military trainees after Florida shooting

The exact number of students to be removed was also not clear. Officials are expected to soon announce that about 20 Saudi military students will be expelled from the U.S.

Officials said Alshamrani had held a party prior to filming, where he and others watched videos of mass shootings.

Some Saudis are being expelled because they viewed child pornography, according to the officials.

Representatives of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the US Department of Justice declined to comment, the CNN added.

A dozen Saudi interns at the Pensacola base had been confined to their quarters while the FBI was investigating the shooting as a potential terrorist attack, and the Pentagon has launched a review of all Saudi military interns in the country, or about 850 students.

Byman said pushing out the students could make a precarious situation with Iran even more uncertain.

Authorities identified the victims of the December attack in Pensacola as Joshua Kaleb Watson, 23, of Enterprise, Ala.; Mohammed Sameh Haitham, 19, of St. Petersburg, Fla.; and Cameron Scott Walters, 21, of Richmond Hill, Ga.

Iran Protesters Back on the Streets over Ukrainian Plane
Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi was also traveling to Iran, with plans to visit Saudi Arabia the following day. For many Iranian-Canadians it has been a period that has made them fearful and scared that Iran may experience yet another war.


The United States is preparing to remove more than a dozen Saudi military students from a training program and return them to their home country after an investigation into a deadly shooting by a Saudi aviation student at a Florida navy base last month, a US official told The Associated Press. The report did not reveal whether the displaced students were all based in Pensacola or from different parts of the country.

Trump called for the program to be reviewed.

"I think we are very careful".

No co-conspirators have been charged in the investigation, and the Saudi government has pledged its full support. The FBI and Justice Department declined to comment.

When asked on Fox News Sunday about the move to kick out a dozen Saudi trainees, National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said USA officials, including Defense Secretary Mark Esper, are exhibiting caution in the aftermath of the bloody rampage.

National security advisor Robert O'Brien said in an interview on Fox News that the shootout "showed that there were mistakes in the way we checked the students". He was shot dead by a sheriff's deputy.

The 21-year-old gunman, a lieutenant in the Saudi Royal Air Force, was armed with a lawfully purchased Glock 9mm handgun and is reported to have posted a manifesto on Twitter before the shooting denouncing the U.S. as "a nation of evil".

Like this: