Published: Sat, November 16, 2019
Sport | By Kayla Schwartz

Man, young boy shot at New Jersey high school football game

Man, young boy shot at New Jersey high school football game

No players or referees were hurt, according to one of the teams' coaches.

The shooting, at Pleasantville High School near Atlantic City, continues a nationwide trend of shootings at or around high school football games that stretches back to at least August.

Jersey Sports Zone, who was there to cover the game, reported that at least six shots were fired in the stands and that police officers, security guards and emergency personnel were quick to rush to the bleachers.

The shooting occurred in the Pleasantville side of the bleachers during the third quarter of the football game between Camden High School and Pleasantville High School.

The shooting happened on the Pleasantville bleachers, authorities said.

At the time, Camden was winning 6-0 with 4 minutes, 58 seconds left, according to The Press of Atlantic City. "They are alive at this moment and we are doing everything to make sure that they and their families are getting the medical care that they need".

Government promises funds for flood-stricken farmers
The prime minister is to chair a meeting of the government's emergency committee later in response to floods in northern England. She said: "We've had no authorities helping us".

During the press conference, Riggin said that authorities are now "looking into what happened and who was involved", noting that the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation were on the scene and investigating.

Another video posted online shows an ambulance on the field.

"We must have helped 15-20 people get over the fence", Carrington told the newspaper. "One woman came up to me and asked me to 'please help her son.' I just can't believe something like this happened".

The condition of the victims is unknown at this time.

Derek Carrington, Pleasantville's former athletic director, told the Press that the shooter ran toward the parking lot after leaving the stands.

Following the game, officials with the Camden City School District said that no Camden students were injured in the shooting. "We started all running for this fence and tried to run inside the gym". "We're heading home, we're safe thank you".

Like this: