Published: Sat, September 21, 2019
Global News | By Blake Casey

Zarif Doubtful If US Will Join Iran Nuclear Meeting In New York

Zarif Doubtful If US Will Join Iran Nuclear Meeting In New York

The visas were reportedly granted to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Foreign Minister Javad Zarif.

Over the past few days, reports have alleged the president may meet with Iranian officials on the sidelines of United Nations meetings to help ease tensions in the Middle East.

"I know that we didn't do it".

In a tweet after his meeting with the crown prince, Mr Pompeo wrote: "The US stands with Saudi Arabia and supports its right to defend itself".

"I hope the USA government realizes that they are no longer the only economic superpower in the world and that there are many countries that want to benefit from the Iranian market", Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said, according to state media.

Tension between the United States and Iran has escalated following the weekend attack on oil installations in Saudi Arabia.

U.S. vaping illnesses top 500, Missouri man is 8th death
Zeller said no single substance or compound, including THC or Vitamin E acetate, has been linked to all of the cases so far. To date, federal public health authorities have received reports of 530 cases in 38 other states and one US territory.


Zarif, speaking to CNN on Thursday, warned that any attacks on Iran will result in an "all-out war".

Also Thursday, a Pentagon spokesman said that although "all indications" pointed to Iran as being "in some way responsible" for Saturday's airstrikes, the United States military would wait for Saudi Arabia to complete an investigation before assigning blame, The Hill reported. The foreign minister said in a message on Twitter that his country doesn't want war but they are ready to defend their territory. Iran denies any involvement in the attack.

"Met with #Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman today to discuss the unprecedented attacks against Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure", Pompeo said in a message on Twitter on Wednesday.

"Tehran is behind almost 100 attacks on Saudi Arabia while Rouhani and Zarif pretend to engage in diplomacy".

However, Trump and Pompeo were quick to point the finger at Tehran, and the secretary of state called the attack an "act of war". "The Iranian regime's threatening behavior will not be tolerated".

"Iran has no desire for war, but we will, and always have, defend our people and our nation", he added. "The United States will work with our partners and allies to ensure that energy markets remain well supplied and Iran is held accountable for its aggression", Pompeo had said.

Like this: