Published: Tue, July 09, 2019
Life&Culture | By Sue Mclaughlin

Man Who Said Kevin Spacey Sexually Assaulted Him Is Testifying

Man Who Said Kevin Spacey Sexually Assaulted Him Is Testifying

An officer said he recalled giving the phone back to the man's father, but neither the accuser nor his parents remembered that, Garabedian said.

The accuser dropped a civil lawsuit against Spacey last week.

The latest hearing - which Spacey did not attend - comes on the heels of the withdrawal of a civil case against Spacey brought by the alleged victim, whose mother, former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh, said Monday in court was not the result of any settlement. "That's what we're entitled to, and we still don't have it", Jackson said. A young man who says Kevin Spacey groped him in a Nantucket bar in 2016 has dropped his lawsuit against the Oscar-winning actor. She acknowledged Monday deleting things that "concerned" her but denied touching text messages or anything else relevant to the case.

The man who accuses Spacey of groping him in a MA restaurant went before a judge Monday to explain where that cell phone is, but in an abrupt turn took the fifth.

The man who accused Kevin Spacey of sexual assault may be forced to testify about his allegedly missing cellphone.

The man's refusal to testify caused the judge to question the viability of the case against the two-time Oscar victor. "This case needs to be dismissed and I believe it needs to be dismissed today". "The matter may well be dismissed for the reasons indicated", he said. He said Spacey bought him several drinks and tried to persuade him to come home with him before unzipping the man's trousers and groping him for about three minutes.

Because the accuser and his mother were not able to produce the phone today, they were both ordered to testify as to its whereabouts and contents.

Kevin Spacey (pictured June 2016) may avoid trial for sexual assault after his accuser declined to testify.

Ambassador Leaks Are a 'Matter of Regret', Britain Tells U.S.
But we pay them to be candid, just as the US Ambassador here will send back his reading of Westminster politics and personalities. Britain's Foreign Office declined to comment on Darroch's remarks, but did not deny the authenticity of the leaked documents.


"On one of the screenshots, one half of the conversation is missing, but I did not delete anything", the accuser testified. The man said he has "no knowledge of any deletions of messages". The accusations cost Spacey his lead role in the final season of Netflix's "House of Cards" and led director Ridley Scott to reshoot his film "All The Money In The World" to replace Spacey's completed performance as J. Paul Getty with Christopher Plummer. He said he didn't think Unruh asked him to delete anything.

While Unruh was cooperative and composed, her husband was defensive and argumentative and was told by Barrett multiple times that he was in danger of being held in contempt of court.

The accuser voluntarily dismissed the lawsuit last week without explanation just days after it was filed. "And when my son was drunk, Spacey made his move and sexually assaulted him".

Garabedian also told the judge his client can not find the phone the accuser used the night he says Spacey groped him in 2016. The man also accused Spacey of trying to ply him into sexual acts with alcohol.

A MA judge has ordered the accuser, his parents and his lawyer to appear in court Monday if the phone can not be found by then. Judge Thomas Barrett found the accuser had the right to take the Fifth but said his testimony will be stricken.

Spacey's lawyer Alan Jackson insinuated that text messages from Little - who was a fan of the actor - that implied his consent in the situation had been deleted.

Spacey, 59, faces criminal charges of indecent assault and battery in connection to the alleged July 2016 incident.

Like this: