Published: Wed, June 19, 2019
Life&Culture | By Sue Mclaughlin

2 people seriously injured after shooting at packed Raptors parade

2 people seriously injured after shooting at packed Raptors parade

More than a million people were on the streets of the Canadian city to welcome the NBA (National Basketball Association) winners home, police said.

The soon-to-be 28-year-old won't come cheap, so the Lakers likely wouldn't be able to afford Leonard's salary anyways, but Wojnarowski also said signing somewhere to be the third wheel on a super team has not been Leonard's modus operandi.

"Our hope is to get everybody that was involved in this incident to bring them before the judicial system, so we are not near where we want to be right now", Chief Mark Saunders said Tuesday.

Droves of Raptors fans ran from the shooting Monday in and around city hall square.

Police said shortly afterwards that two people had been shot and suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also released a statement on Twitter to praise Toronto Police for "acting so quickly".

Red Sox Legend’s Condition Upgraded To ‘Good’ By Doctors
Authorities have detained 11 suspects, and they are looking for at least two others mentioned in the court documents. The man allegedly paid $7,800 to a group of criminals to take out Ortiz while he was back in his native country.


They're now are looking for a man wearing a white button down T-shirt and another firearm. Police have two people in custody and have recovered two firearms.

Miller, 25, was charged with five counts related to firearms, one count of assaulting a peace officer and two counts of failing to comply with probation. "Male, white, 5'9" to 6', with light short brown hair and a heavy build.

One of the alleged gunmen was arrested in dramatic fashion as he was tackled by six police officers.

Miller will appear next in court on July 10, while Toussaint will next appear in court on Friday. They say children in strollers were bowled over as frantic parents tried to shield them.

Some in the crowd said they had not heard any shots but rushed from the area as others panicked.

WATCH: Toronto police take down a suspect connected to a shooting investigation near Nathan Phillips Square Monday afternoon.

Like this: