Published: Fri, June 14, 2019
Global News | By Blake Casey

Two Believed To Have Orchestrated David Ortiz Shooting Scheme From Prison

Two Believed To Have Orchestrated David Ortiz Shooting Scheme From Prison

Police are still searching for one man. Gen. Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte, said the coordinator of the attack was offered 400,000 Dominican pesos, or about $7,800, to orchestrate the shooting.

Rivas-Clase, who previously lived in Redding, allegedly "did conspire with another suspect to shoot the victim", the sheriff's office statement reads.

Cruz is one of nine suspects detained in connection with the shooting at the Dial Bar and Lounge.

Fans at walk past a photograph of Boston Red Sox's David Ortiz before a baseball game at Fenway Park in Boston, Oct. 1, 2016. They have not said who ordered the hit on their country's most famous athlete or why. Rivas-Clase is the only suspect that has yet to be apprehended.

Officials have identified the shooter as Rolfi Ferreira Cruz, 25, and say he confessed to shooting Ortiz.

Taylor Swift Baked Cookies for On-Again Friend Katy Perry!
But when the dancers chose to leave halfway and join Perry's Prism tour, Swift was apparently upset, unfollowing them on Twitter. Last June 11, Swift baked cookies and sent them to Perry on a plate with a " Peace at last " message written in red icing.


Rolfi Ferreira-Cruz, 25, of Reading, Pennsylvania, was charged on January 5, 2018, with multiple counts of armed robbery, aggravated assault, employing a juvenile in the commission of a crime and various weapons offenses, including possession of hollow point bullets for the Clifton robberies, according to a release from the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office. In the footage, Ortiz appears to grab his stomach before collapsing.

One of the suspects being sought in the shooting of former Red Sox superstar David Ortiz is believed to be the same man who's wanted by Pennsylvania authorities on a charge of attempted homicide.

Ortiz was shot in the torso and needed his gallbladder and part of his intestine removed. The 43-year-old has had two surgeries and is recovering in the intensive care unit at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, after being transported from the Dominican on a plane sent by the Red Sox Monday night. "His condition is guarded and he will remain in the ICU for the coming days, but he is making good progress towards recovery".

Tiffany Ortiz also thanked the doctors and medical staff at the Abel Gonzalez Clinic in Santo Domingo for saving her husband's life.

"Without you, our story could have had a tragic ending", she wrote.

Like this: