Published: Tue, May 14, 2019
Electronics | By Kelly Massey

Conor McGregor Sees Charges Against Him Dropped

Conor McGregor Sees Charges Against Him Dropped

Police said McGregor then stomped on the phone several times, before picking it up and leaving with it. McGregor was released that same day on $5,000 bond.

All felony charges were dropped and McGregor avoided a criminal record.

The Miami-Dade County Court was expected to begin the trial today, but after the alleged victim of the incident failed to appear and had withdrawn statements, the case was dropped. Prosecutor Khalil Madani announced in court that the victim recanted his story.

"I think this was the appropriate resolution of this case", McGregor's attorney Sam Rabin said.

Two weeks after United Kingdom native Ahmed Abdirzak agreed to cooperate, prosecutors say his attorney informed them he'd "been made whole" by McGregor and had changed his mind about the encounter.

Supreme Court Rules Against Apple in App Store Monopoly Lawsuit
Apple's response was a legal classic: It claimed that the iPhone users could not sue it because they weren't purchasing Apple products directly from Apple.


The 30-year-old fighter was arrested in March.

Abdirzak had already settled and subsequently dropped a civil lawsuit against the ex-UFC featherweight and lightweight champion, and his lawyer, Santiago Cueto, informed the State Attorney's Office that his client has "been made whole" by McGregor to this point.

Madani concluded that Abdirzak "has credibility issues as he's changed his previously sworn testimony".

McGregor is a former two-division Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder who famously fought and lost to boxing legend Floyd Mayweather in August 2017.

Of course, McGregor's legal troubles may not be limited to the U.S. According to a report in the New York Times, he's the subject of a criminal investigation into an alleged sexual assault in his native Dublin.

Like this: