Published: Thu, March 21, 2019
Global News | By Blake Casey

New Zealand mass shooting suspect charged with murder

New Zealand mass shooting suspect charged with murder

"The hero tried to chase and he couldn't find the trigger in the gun. he ran behind him but there were people waiting for him in the vehicle and he fled".

New Zealand police said on Twitter there is a heightened police presence around the country, including at mosques and community events.

A 28-year-old man was arrested and is now being charged with murder and will have his first court appearance on Saturday (March 16).

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said police were working with pathologists and coroners to release the bodies as soon as they could.

Tarrant, a 28-year-old trainer, authored a 70-page anti-immigrant manifesto that rants about white genocide and apparent hatred of Muslim culture. White supremacist terrorists must be condemned by leaders everywhere. He was remanded without a plea until his next appearance in the South Island city's High Court on April 5.

Some countries have stepped up patrols around mosques following the rampage.

Brothers Yama Nabi and Omar Nabi were at the courthouse in honor of their father Daoud Nabi, who was the first victim to be named in the mosque tragedy.

Alexander Romitsyn/ZUMA Press/NewscomAt least 49 people are dead and dozens more injured following shooting attacks Friday at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

"Our gun law will be changed", said Ardern.

None of those arrested by the police had been on any watchlists of the authorities either in New Zealand or in Australia, Ardern argued.

Tributes to the victims poured in from around the world. Ardern said some were from Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Malaysia. In addition to the 49 who were killed, she said more than 20 people were seriously wounded. He was shot in the abdomen and the leg.

Coach driver planned to use 51 pupils in terror attack
Police blocked the bus in the street and broke open the back windows to get the children out before the vehicle went up in flames. Matteo Salvini, Italy's far-right deputy prime minister, said: "At this moment the police are searching his home".


Two Jordanians were among those killed, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the state-run Petra news service. Five other Pakistani citizens were still unaccounted for, he said.

Five guns have been discovered, two of which are semi-automatic guns after the terror attacks.

It is understood that the killers of the terror attacks have legitimate gun license.

"Now is the time for change", Ardern argued. As is the entire nation, we are all unified in grieving together ...

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the attacks a "brazen act of terror". Officers have also become aware of a video posted on social media, which shows the gunman walking into the mosque before opening fire. We would strongly urge that the link not be shared.

The brazen nature of the broadcast, and the apparent failure of tech companies to prevent its proliferation online, raised concerns.

A four-year-old girl is among those fighting for their lives after the New Zealand mosque massacre.

If the document is to be believed, the attack had taken two years to plan and the shooter had made a decision to target Christchurch several months ago. "Now is the time for change", Ms Ardern said.

The trio were not on any watchlists or on the radar of intelligence agencies across Australia or New Zealand.

British security sources said there were no apparent United Kingdom links to the attack. They did not immediately say whether the same person was responsible for both shootings.

"The fourth person who was arrested yesterday was a member of the public who was in a possession of a firearm, but with the intention of assisting police", she told reporters in Wellington.

Like this: