Published: Wed, February 06, 2019
Global News | By Blake Casey

Man Dead After E-Cigarette Explodes In His Face

Man Dead After E-Cigarette Explodes In His Face

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office found on Tuesday that shrapnel from the vape pen's exploding battery impacted Mr Brown's skull, severed his carotid artery and ultimately caused his death on 29 January.

"He was a really bad asthmatic, so somebody - one of his friends - had said that there was some of those that had something that could help you breathe good", Brown told the Telegram of her grandson's decision to use an electronic vaporizer pen.

She continued: "It just all seems so unreal". "That three-piece thing went into his throat and stayed there, and that's what (doctors) should have taken out as soon as they got to the hospital, and they made a decision to wait until Monday or Tuesday". Brown died at John Peter Smith Hospital two days later, she said.

The death certificate says he died from cerebral infarction and herniation after debris from the exploding vape pen dissected his left carotid artery.

According to Smoke & Vape DZ, Brown did not purchase anything from the store but asked for help using his Mechanical Mod style vape pen.

"He popped it, and it exploded, and that's when it shot across his mouth", she told local news station WFAA.

He attempted to use the pen in his auto and the battery exploded, melting plastic in the vehicle.

"His friends are getting together to fix the vehicle for him", she said.

Afghan regime frozen out of Moscow peace talks with the Taliban
The Taliban have been staging near-daily attacks, inflicting heavy casualties on the embattled Afghan army and security forces. Along with Karzai, the former president, numerous 38 delegates from Kabul have held prominent government positions.


He also suffered burns on about 80 percent of his body.

Doctors never operated on Brown, his family said.

Last May, a 38-year-old Florida man was also killed by an exploding vape pen.

In 2017, the U.S. Fire Administration reported 133 acute injuries from e-cigarettes, vaporizers and other similar devices between 2009 and 2016, with most fires and explosions occurring while the e-cigarette was in a pocket or being used.

Brown died from his injuries at the hospital two days later.

Mohamad Zayid Abdihdy was checking out a TV when his e-cigarette exploded in his trousers pocket.

A spokesperson for the hospital, JPS Health Network, said that they could not comment on the details of Brown's case because of mecial privacy laws, but said that they are continuing to communicate with Brown's family regarding the incident.

Like this: