Published: Mon, January 07, 2019
Life&Culture | By Sue Mclaughlin

Hollywood star Kevin Spacey in court over sexual assault charge

Hollywood star Kevin Spacey in court over sexual assault charge

The Oscar-winning USA actor is accused of assaulting an 18-year-old man in a bar on the resort island of Nantucket off the coast of MA.

Spacey has said he will plead not guilty when he answers a charge of felony indecent assault and battery today at Nantucket District Court, Massachussets.

Spacey was sacked from his hit Netflix drama House of Cards and director Ridley Scott edited him out of his Getty family drama All the Money in the World and replaced the Oscar victor with Christopher Plummer.

He's accused of groping the son of a former Boston TV anchor in a crowded bar on the small MA island.

Unruh's son told police Spacey had bought him several rounds of beer and whiskey and said at one point, "Let's get drunk", according to charging documents.

Unruh has accused Spacey of purchasing alcohol for her son until he was drunk and then sticking his hand inside of her son's trousers and grabbing his genitals.

Allies should rally to protect Taiwan from China: Tsai
Cho has taken a more conciliatory tone toward Tsai, pledging to promote unity and "restore the confidence" in the party. He also reiterated China's willingness to use force if necessary, especially if Taiwan ever declares full independence.


Kevin Spacey has played many fictional roles in his four-decade career - how he must wish his next appearance was one of them.

The "House of Cards" star had asked that his lawyers represent him at the hearing, but Judge Thomas Barrett declined, forcing Spacey to appear before him at 11:00 am (1600 GMT). "You want me back".

This is not the first time he is facing sexual assault allegations.

After the charge was announced last month, Spacey released a video in the voice of Frank Underwood, his character on Netflix's "House of Cards", in which he said, "I'm certainly not going to pay the price for the thing I didn't do".

The actor Anthony Rapp was the first to accuse Spacey of making a sexual advance - and alleged the incident happened in 1986, when he was 14 and Spacey was 26. Spacey said he did not remember the incident but apologized if the allegations were true.

"Of course, some believed everything and have been just waiting with baited breath to hear me confess it all". You wouldn't rush to judgments without facts, would you? "Only you and I both know it's not that simple, not in politics and not in life". "Did you?" he said.

Like this: