Published: Mon, September 24, 2018
Global News | By Blake Casey

Iran's Revolutionary Guards threaten to avenge military parade attack that killed 25

Iran's Revolutionary Guards threaten to avenge military parade attack that killed 25

On June 7, 2017 in Tehran, 17 people were killed and dozens wounded in simultaneous attacks on the parliament and on the tomb of revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini - the first inside Iran claimed by ISIS.

The Islamic State, regional Arab separatists and other groups have claimed responsibility for the attack.

A senior United Arab Emirates (UAE) official denied on Sunday that his country had been involved in the attack.

For his part, President Hassan Rohani accused the United States of enabling the deadly attack through its support for unnamed Persian Gulf states.

He added that the gunmen were "terrorists recruited, trained, armed & paid by a foreign regime".

Zarif said that children and journalists were casualties in the attack.

Iranian soldiers jump over a hedge at a street as they run for cover during a terror attack that occurred during a military parade in the city of Ahvaz, southwest Iran, on Saturday.

In New York, Rudy Giuliani, Mr Trump's personal lawyer, said on Saturday that United States sanctions were inflicting economic pain on Iran that could lead to a "successful revolution".

"The government is ready to counter any action by the U.S., and the Americans will regret this". "We will overcome this situation and America will regret choosing the wrong path".

Trita Parsi, president emeritus of the National Iranian American Council, posited that Iran's accusations are "difficult to dismiss".

The Saudi-backed al-Ahvaziya terror group, which is based in Europe, has claimed responsibility for the assault.

"It is obvious for us that they [the terrorists] are affiliated to what group".

OnePlus 6 Android Pie update rolls out with new gestures
You can read our thoughts on the then-unfinished software here , as well as get instruction on how to use the new gestures. The agency hasn't clarified any other release details, such as countries receiving the update and associated timelines.


Iranian officials, who blame the separatists for the attack, say the militants wore military uniforms and hid their weapons along the parade route ahead of time - showing a level of sophistication previously unseen by the separatists.

Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, rejected Iran's accusations.

During the military parade in Ahvaz, which was staged concurrently with nationwide military parades on Saturday to mark the Sacred Defense Week, Takfiri militants wearing disguise opened fire at the people participating in the ceremony.

The Iranian consulate in Basra, in turn, has been attacked several times during this same period, with Tehran laying the blame at the feet of the USA (also without clear evidence). "It is Americans who provide them with their required necessities to perpetrate such crimes", Rouhani said in remarks published on his official website.

"Their crime is a continuation of the conspiracies by the US -backed regimes in the region which have aimed at creating insecurity in our dear country", Khamenei said in a statement.

And Ayatollah Khamenei tasked Iran's intelligence services with prompt work to identify the perpetrators and hand them over to the Iranian Judiciary.

Women and children scattered with Revolutionary Guard soldiers as heavy gunfire rang out at the parade in Ahvaz, the chaos captured live on state television.

There was no immediate comment from Saudi Arabia on Mr Rouhani's allegations. Tehran claims the group is backed by its arch-rival Saudi Arabia.

After Prince Mohammed's comments previous year, Saudi-aligned satellite news channels began playing up stories about Iranian opposition and exile groups.

Giuliani said the Paris-based opposition organization is the democratic answer to an Iranian regime he called "a group of outlaws and murderers and people who pretend to be religious people and then have so much blood on their hands it's nearly unthinkable".

In a statement, the foreign office said that Pakistan is against terrorism and stands with the families of victims in this time of grief.

Like this: