Published: Sun, July 08, 2018
Global News | By Blake Casey

What we know about Sydney double murder

What we know about Sydney double murder

Police arrive on Friday morning to the scene where two teenagers were shot in their bedrooms.

A Sydney father who planned the horrific murder of his two teenage children before taking his own life had been involved in a long-running custody battle, police say.

A 15-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl were found dead in their bedrooms at a West Pennant Hills house shortly before 5.30pm on Thursday. reports that a man in his 50s was found dead in a home in nearby Normanhurst this morning.

The mother, who arrived at the house shortly after the Thursday afternoon shooting, was treated by paramedics for severe shock before being taken into the care of friends and police.

Acting Assistant Commissioner Brett McFadden said the shooting deaths of the teens was "premeditated and planned".

"She didn't sustain any physical injuries as such, however obviously because of the horrific scene, the stress is enormous to her", he said.

"You've really got a family that's going to be struggling to come to terms with it but also the responding police will struggle to come to terms with what they've seen".

England expectations blast off as Three Lions roar into semis
"We approach each game similarly, but Russian Federation in Moscow would be an incredible game to be involved in". Henderson was the only player to miss when England beat Colombia on penalties in the last 16.

He said the woman in her 30s had been assessed and treated.

Acting Assistant Commissioner McFadden told it had not yet been determined how many shots were fired but that police were speaking with several witnesses.

A person of interest has been identified and police working to find that person.

"It is what can only be described as a tragic set of circumstances for the whole family", Supt McFadden said.

NSW Ambulance Inspector Kevin McSweeney was one of the first paramedics to arrive at the house on Hull Road and said the call-out presented "an extremely distressing and stressful situation".

Mr Edwards, who was described as a "recluse" by a neighbour, was a financial planner and volunteered with the NSW Rural Fire Service, Lions Club and Pennant Hills Junior AFL Club, according to his LinkedIn page.

The bloody attack took place in the house on Hull Road, just off the Cumberland Highway.

At the scene of the bloody attack on Thursday evening, forensic investigators wearing white protective suits could be seen walking up and down the street with torches and cameras.

Like this: